We are privileged to have Prof Ralph Bunte visiting UST next week. Ralph is a Board Certified Veterinary Pathologist with 50 years’ experience.
We are also pleased to partner up with our very own CityU’s College of Veterinary Medicine and Life Sciences Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory experts, pathologists Dr Fraser Hill and Dr Allan Kessell to give a series of talks on topic of relevance to our small but growing bio-med and lab animal science communities.
Talk 1 is to be held at Hong Kong Science and Technology, Clearwater Bay on Wednesday 13th from 3pm to 5 pm
- Prof Ralph Bunte: neuropathology and the issue of special stains needed to evaluate myelination and axonal changes
- Dr Allan Kessell: importance of a necropsy programme as part of a holistic sampling plan plus why we need to sample normal abnormals to develop a library
Location is HKUST in room 1511, which is accessed via lift 27 or lift 28.
We will have APCF staff located at the ground floor outside lift 27 and lift 28 from 2.30 pm to help attendees find their way.
The key landmark is the coffee shop in the middle of the Academic Building public area, located along the long walkway of the UST (i.e. not the Starbucks in piazza)
Talk 2 is to be held in Room P4704, AC1 Building at City University, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon on Friday 15th from 9am to 1pm
- Dr Fraser Hill: Tour of the new Veterinary Diagnostic Lab at CityU while explaining what CityU Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory can offer biomed researchers in Hong Kong.
- Prof Ralph Bunte: Mouse necropsy support in a biomedical research facilities and the pathology of prevalent mouse diseases
- Dr Anthony James: Lab animal microbiology and how a lab on our door step allows us to better sample our animal models
Veterinarians are advised we are applying for CPD points from the VSB, and while the topic may seem ‘narrow’ the relevance of understanding the importance of necropsy in any clinical setting cannot be under-estimated so I am sure even clinical vets will get value from this series of lectures. Attendees will also receive a Continuing Professional Education Certificate of Attendance from CityU CVMLS.
Professor Ralph Bunte’s CV is at https://www.duke-nus.edu.sg/insider-blog/content/uniquely-ralph
Dr. Fraser Hill’s CV is at https://www.cityu.edu.hk/cvmls/en/staff/Staff_Fraser_Hill.html
Dr. Allan Kessell’s CV is at https://www.cityu.edu.hk/cvmls/en/staff/Staff_Allan_Kessell.html
Dr Anthony James’ CV is at http://apcf.infosite.ust.hk/?page_id=20
Dr Anthony James
Animal & Plant Care Facility
HK University of Science and Technology
Clearwater Bay, Kowloon
Off Ph: +852 2358 6851
DD Ph: +852 3469 2702
Mob: +852 5523 3287
261 total views, 0 views today