The transgenic Services provide a wide range of services on both research projects and colony management. The services are highly specialized and are more efficient when comparing when centralized.
Roles of Transgenic Services in HKUST
- Research activities (green boxes): Make projection plans flexible by generating tailor-made research models (transgenesis)
- Colony management (blue boxes): management of retired research models to free animal holding space (cryopreservation); clearing up of infectious diseases from an outbreak (re-derivation); importation of research models (cryo-revival and/or IVF), continuing strains with reproduction deficiencies (IVF).
List of Services
- Consultation on transgenic projects and genetic management of transgenic strains
- Pronuclei (DNA) microinjection
- Cytoplasmic (CRISPR RNA) microinjection
- Embryo cryopreservation
- Sperm cryopreservation
- Mouse Line revival from cryopreservation
- Mouse Line rederivation (decontaminating colonies)
- in vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Morula-morula aggregation (chimeric mice generation)
- Dr. Joanne CN Tam (email: email@example.com; tel: 2358 8609)
- Dr. Siva WH Tsang (email: firstname.lastname@example.org; tel: 3469 2418)