Step 1: read the corresponding training materials including:
- Mouse users: Mouse Handling Training (2021)
- Rat users: Rat Handling Training (2021)
- Rabbit users: Rabbit Handling Training (2021)
- All users:
- LAF Animal User Manual 2022
- General Animal User Training
Please sign and return the corresponding LAF and Animal Use Agreement to LAF (email@example.com) for the completion of this self-learning Step 1, while requesting the next training Step 2, i.e. facility orientation and hands-on training.
- LAF and Animal (Mouse) Use Agreement
- LAF and Animal (Rat) Use Agreement
- LAF and Animal (Rabbit) Use Agreement
Step 2: Arrange for orientation with the Vet team by emailing our office (firstname.lastname@example.org). A short quiz will be done at orientation to assess basic knowledge
Step 3: Once you pass the quiz, you may arrange for specific hands-on training according to the type of work listed on your AEC-approved animal protocol (AEP). Initial hands-on training should take 1- 2 hours. Further skill training can be arranged as needed based on the team’s availability.