Please check your activities and the corresponding requirement and compliance. One may check more than one activity.
Animal License Application (Department of Health, HK Government)
- Required for conducting animal experiments calculated to give pain to animals (including ear clipping in transgenic animal breeding).
- Guide to apply
- Please notify LAF upon the approval of the License.
AEC Protocol Approval (Animal Ethic Committee, HKUST)
- Required for conducting any animal experiments (even if conducting euthanasia and harvesting tissues only).
- Principle Investigator is required to submit the protocol for VPRDO approval via Tick@Lab
- Find the guideline from here. Please contact VPRDO for further advises on AEC Protocols via the email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please notify LAF with the concerned Protocol Number upon approval.
Medical Surveillance (Health, Safety & Environment Office, HKUST)
- Required for handling of laboratory animals in HKUST.
- Guide to enroll
LAF New User Training (Laboratory Animal Facility, HKUST)
- Required prior to enter and work in LAF
- Guide to New User Training