Maintain genetic quality when breeding for mouse colonies is always overlooked, potentially compromising the quality of research. Knowledge of specific strains needs to be acquired before tailor-making the breeding strategies to ensure efficient and quality research.
Common areas requiring consultation include the following:
- Efficient breeding program upon receiving founder animals from vendors
- Breeding for compound (double/triple) transgenic strain
- Breeding for embryonic stage animals
- Determining the proper genetic background(s) to be maintained
- Awareness of congenic vs non-congenic strain
- Selecting the proper control animals for the experimentation
- Avoiding genetic drift and sub-strain deviation from the strain you obtained from vendors
- Archiving precious strains
Please contact Dr. Siva TSANG (PhD) for the consultation (email:email@example.com).